The New Year 2011
I have had a very quiet break from everything including art and today I have cleaned up my studio ready to get back into it.
This year my art plans are:
To make cards of my art, get them into some shops and also sell them on-line. I have chosen 5 collograph designs and 5 paintings from the Precipitate exhibition to have commercially printed as cards. I had some proofs made at the end of last year, and have tweaked the design slightly. I am getting used to the fact that everything takes longer than I expect ……… it takes as long as it takes. I have had this idea for a long time and I am hoping it will bring new people to my website which will be on the back of the card. I am also hoping it will generally broaden the audience for my work.
My next goal is to make all of the paintings for my March 2012 exhibition at Kingfisher Gallery. If I finish the artwork this year it gives me a couple of months before the exhibition for promotion and all the other stuff like varnishing the pictures and putting the d-rings on the back etc.
I also have the idea for a linocut artists book which I have been planning in my head for about 6 months and I hope to make the book and enter it in a couple of competitions.
On top of all that I am doing extra teaching at the Fremantle Arts Centre. I have taken on a bit of extra teaching because I am going to Bali in July with my husband and two kids:)
- In January I am teaching an oil painting and a drypoint printing workshop.
- Monday mornings etching copper with ferric chloride – this is like traditional etching but is much less toxic.
- Monday afternoon will be linocut artists’ books.
- Tuesday evenings beginners oil painting
- Wednesday morning beginners drawing
- Sunday 27th Feb a 4 week workshop Beginners Acrylic painting
Now I have put all this on the record, I’ll have to do it!